Tracking a Proposal
Tracking a proposal is easy; you can do this on line through the Portal. Your innovation/idea is known as an 'Opportunity' until it is submitted to CDE. Once submitted it becomes a 'Proposal', this is the only version CDE can access.
Using the Portal, you can track the status of your opportunity through the 'Opportunities' tab in the 'My Applications' task area. The opportunities status indicators are:
- Created: Opportunity title and description have been entered on the Portal.
- Work in Progress: Opportunity details being entered and updated on the Portal.
- Draft: Published as pdf draft.
- Final: Published as pdf final (can be reset to draft).
Up until this point CDE has no visibility of your proposal. MOD and CDE staff will only be able to view your proposal when it has been SUBMITTED (this is different from published).
- Submitted: Submitted to MOD as pdf proposal: Note this is the only version of the proposal that CDE and MOD staff see.
Using the Portal you can continue to track the status of your submitted Proposal through the Proposal tab in the My Applications task area.
The proposal status indicators are:
- Received: Acknowledgement of receipt by MOD.
- Assessing: Being assessed/scored by MOD reviewers (see How We Assess Your Proposal).
- Deciding: With MOD decision makers.
- Selected: The proposal has been selected for contract generation. You should not commence work or enter into any financial commitment until you have received a contract.
- Selected: The proposal has not been selected for contract generation. Written feedback will be provided to indicate the reason for non-selection.
More detailed guidance can be found in the Technology Application Reference Manual under The Portal pages.